Octal is a modern, full-featured Hacker News (news.ycombinator.com) client built with an eye for design and usability. Octal has all the features you'd expect from a Hacker News app, including the ability to sign in to your Hacker News account and post comments!
• Browse, read, and share Hacker News stories. Swipe left to quickly upvote a story.
• Read comments in a fully-threaded comments view. You can tap or swipe to collapse a comment thread. Easily 'jump' to the next top-level comment thread with a single tap.
• Search Hacker News stories. Easily search for Top, Ask HN, and Show HN submissions.
• Easily switch between submissions by 'Top Stories', 'New Stories', 'Best Stories', 'Jobs', 'Ask HN', or 'Show HN'.
• Join the discussion. Sign in to your Hacker News account to post comments, upvote, and more.
• Open articles and links with SafariViewController, which includes the optional 'Reader Mode'.
• Full 3D Touch support! Try it on stories to quickly preview articles or share them via peek quick action. Try it on comments for quick replies and upvotes.
• Browse user profiles and posting activity. Easily view a user's comments with full context.
• Enable 'Night Mode' for a beautiful, first-class dark theme. Try 'Auto Night Mode' to automatically toggle 'Night Mode' on and off according to time of day.
• Turn on 'True Black' for an RGB #000000 background color. Perfect for OLED displays on the iPhone X, Xs, and Xs Max.
• Switch to 'Compact Mode' for a simpler browsing experience without thumbnails.
• Increase or decrease the text size to one that's comfortable for you.
• Both portrait and landscape orientations are supported.
Added search. You can now easily search for any Top Stories, Ask HN, or Show HN submissions.